FitzRoy provide care and support for residents with learning disabilities and autism in their services in Teddington, some of whom are non-verbal communicators. We are seeking exceptional new female Support Workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
- Weekday rates £11.71ph, weekend rates £12.71ph rising to £15.21ph with overtime
- Various Part Time hours available
- Bank (Days and nights)
- Shifts are 7.5 hours, between 7am and 10pm
- Female only applicants given the needs of the people we support
- For this role it is preferred, though not essential, that applicants hold a full driving licence & are willing to drive our accessible vehicles
The people we support are very engaged with the staff team and keen to be involved in the running of their home.. A support worker’s role is varied and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. Through getting to know the people you support, you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives.
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.