Location: Home Based
Salary: circa £30,000
Fitzroy are a national charity transforming the lives of people with learning disabilities. As a values-driven organisation, the people we support are always at the heart of everything we do, and this helps us transform lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join our HR Team.
Purpose of the Job
To provide efficient and effective HR support and advice to FitzRoy colleagues on a wide range of people related issues. This is a great opportunity for someone with employee relations experience that is looking to expand their skill set into a diverse range of HR matters within a fast paced and rewarding organisation.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide HR advice on employee relations matters including but not limited to disciplinary, absence and grievance casework.
- Review allegations, outcome letters, investigation reports and submitted evidence ensuring that paperwork is accurate, investigations are thorough.
- Provide first line generalist HR advice and support on terms and conditions of employment and HR policy and procedures escalating to the relevant HR Business Partner where necessary.
- Attend formal/informal meetings and hearings to take notes and support the meeting chair where required.
- Support the HR Business Partners with organisation change, including restructures and TUPE.
- Provide the HR team with a range of administrative support.
- Support with project work, including for example, engagement events, data analysis and research. Travel to other locations across the UK as and when required.
What do you need?
- A passion for employee relations matters and an ability to cope with changing demands.
- Experience of reviewing and advising on a full range of HR matters such as disciplinary, grievance, flexible working requests and absence management.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and statutory legislation.
- An ability to communicate with key stakeholders clearly and succinctly, advising of risk and process.
- Level 5 CIPD Qualification.
- Competent with IT: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and inhouse systems.
- Continual Professional Development including a willingness to learn and develop within the role.
- Willingness to attend relevant HR workshops and employment update briefings.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays – increasing with service, and the option to purchase additional holiday.
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more.
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more.
- Loyalty awards.
- Perkbox shopping discounts.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early