HR Business Partner
Location: Home Based – Must be able to commute easily to Coventry and Birmingham when required
Closing Date: 14th December
Contract: Permanent – Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Fitzroy are a national charity transforming the lives of people with learning disabilities. As a value-driven organisation, the people we support are always at the heart of everything we do, and this helps us transform lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our thriving HR Team.
Purpose of the Job
To provide true business partner support to senior operational colleagues, and their managers who run registered care services. Driving the HR strategy and leading on projects on a diverse range of HR matters from engagement, wellbeing, performance and recruitment.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- To business partner with Regional Managers (Senior Operational colleagues) on all HR matters.
- Provide strategic direction to operational colleagues in line with HR strategy which includes a strong focus labour turnover, reducing agency use, recruitment and engagement.
- Line management of the HR Advisor, having oversight and overall accountability for employee relations issues, including, performance management, disciplinary, grievance, absence issues and capability.
- Line Manage recruiters for the region ensuring there is a proactive approach to recruitment and a focused effort on recruitment hot spots.
- Manage key strategic HR initiatives as required including, restructuring, and other change programmes to ensure colleagues are treated fairly and in a respectful manner.
- Review and update policy, practices and procedural guides.
- Produce statistical reports and management information to support HR initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver HR Training, where necessary in order for our managers to be competent with handling people issues.
- Undertake benchmarking reviews (HR policies, processes, pay and benefits surveys, etc).
What experience do you need?
- Sector experience desirable but not essential
- Level 7 CIPD Qualification desirable.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and statutory legislation.
- Business Partnering experience with senior colleagues.
- Employee relations experience to enable overall accountability of HR Advisor’s case work.
- Previous oversight of recruitment.
- Experience of changing expressed or implied terms and conditions of employment.
- Managing and delivering HR projects.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more.
- Life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family.
- Perkbox shopping discounts.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
Early application is encouraged as we regularly review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early