Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours will consider reduced hours and flexible working for the right candidate.
Location: Remote or hybrid working (our head office is Petersfield, Hampshire, however we also have offices in Coventry, Norfolk and Newark, Notts).
Salary: £35-42,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and skilled senior fundraiser to develop our existing individual giving programme and cultivate and steward major donor relationships.
We support over 1,000 adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities, autism, and complex mental health needs across more than 100 services in England.
We employ 1,500 staff, and through our registered care homes, supported living, support at home and day services, we are committed to breaking down barriers and raising the bar in standards of quality care for the people we support.
About the job
This position has responsibility for growing our existing individual giving programme and securing and cultivating major donor relationships. It is an exciting time in the charity’s development and this role offers an opportunity to really make your mark.
With an excellent understanding of developing outstanding supporter journeys, you will help us to grow and cultivate our pool of supporters, major donors and legators, working with colleagues to deliver exceptional supporter communications.
A natural writer and communicator, you will sensitively forge strong relationships with donors and legacy prospects and work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that all supporters are stewarded appropriately
The post will report into the Head of Fundraising and Communications.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience planning and managing meaningful donor cultivation and stewardship events to achieve strategic objectives
- Experience of delivering stewardship events
- Experience of managing income and expenditure budgets
- Experience of upward management and working with senior volunteers/Trustees
- Knowledge of high value fundraising techniques covering corporates, trusts and major donors, including a clear understanding of the needs of the supporter journey
- Experience of using a fundraising database
Skills and Abilities
- Highly organised with attention to detail, and an ability to work autonomously and be a confident decision maker
- Effective and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing a varied workload and balancing conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal sensitively and diplomatically to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ease with using IT packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and presenting in a format that meets the needs of colleagues
- Ability to keep accurate and up to date records, sharing information as and when appropriate with colleagues
- Ability to adapt existing processes to meet the needs of the organisation
- Skilful management of risk and opportunities with ability to escalate appropriately
- Passion and commitment to FitzRoy vision and purpose
- Willing to travel within the UK occasionally for meetings and other events
What we offer:
- Salary of £35-42,000 per annum
- 25 days leave, rising to 30 days
- Pension scheme
- Free membership of our health cash back scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as dental, optical, chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling, virtual GPs, legal advice
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Shopping discounts