FitzRoy are recruiting a driver for our Supported Living service in New Milton, New Forest, where we support 18 young adults with learning disabilities and autism, some of whom display behaviours that may challenge. You will be responsible for transporting our support workers and the people we support to appointments and activities in the community. Our residents love to be active, participating in in-house activities and being out and about.
A full UK manual driving licence and willingness to drive a mini bus is essential, due to the nature of this role.
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Shifts between 6am and 11pm to be discussed at interview.
- £11.25 per hour
- + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
As a driver for FitzRoy, you will:
- Driving our service users to their activity of choice, this could include day services, cinema, bowling, shopping or to an appointment.
- Be an experienced driver and confident driving a minibus.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
- Be comfortable with some aspects of personal care if required when out and about in the community.
A mixture of shifts between 6am and 11pm Monday – Sunday. You will be required to work weekends on a rota basis, when you work the weekend you will have days off in the week.