Residential Support Worker – Bury St EdmundsApply
A beautiful 4 bedroom bungalow in Great Barton where 4 young ladies live who each have high support needs. These ladies love to go out and about they enjoy the cinema, zoo and pub meals in fact there is very little these ladies don’t like. One lady has diabetes and we do administer her insulin with training given. Driving is essential not only to get to work, as public transport does not meet the times of the shifts, but the ladies all have their own cars to enable to them to get out and about these cars are manual.
We need staff who are flexible and passionate about caring for people and helping them live as independently as possible while keeping them safe. If you fancy a challenge this is the place for you.
- Rates: £10.39-£11.42 p/h per hour + £2.50 p/h extra for over time
- Typical Day shift patterns: – 0700 to 1430 and 1400 to 2200 , you will need to available for both shifts and will be required to work weekends
- Typical Night shift patterns – 2100 to 0700
- Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
- Bank (0 hours) contracts available
- For this role it is essential to hold a full driving licence & be willing to drive our accessible vehicles.
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Night duties also include supporting night time and morning activities including personal care, domestic work and responding promptly to provide support as required throughout the night. There will be additional cleaning duties and paperwork to complete alongside your supporting duties. You will be expected to carry out everyday tasks including support and encouragement with personal care as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts