Fitzroy are recruiting a senior support worker for our Supported Living Plus Service in New Milton, Hampshire. As we enter an exciting period of growth and expansion there has never been a better time to join us!
Fernhill Court is a large service where we support up to eighteen young people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs, some of whom display behaviours that may challenge.
Every individual has their own self-contained flat, there are also communal areas where everyone can get together and socialise, as well as a large garden for summer activities.
The role can be challenging at times, so you must be kind, caring, patient and resilient with a passion to make a difference.
A full UK driving licence is preferred as you will be supporting residents on trips out.
- Day shift: £12.26 per hour weekdays and £13.48 weekends.
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start (FTE).
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
Senior Support Worker Hours
Shifts are 7.5 hours and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week):
Morning shift: 7am-2.30pm
Afternoon shift: 2.30pm-10pm
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts and there may also overtime for any staff members who are looking to earn more. Weekend working on a rota basis is essential, but you will have the time off in the week.