- Service Manager (1 year fixed term
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week
FitzRoy Residential Support Services in Malvern provides care & support for young residents across two bungalows. Our aim is to provide a family environment, encouraging the people we support to lead a life of achievements no matter how big or small.
The service currently employs ten staff members supporting six people in each at present, and they have a mixture of learning disabilities and physical needs. We have on-site a porta cabin that caters for the people we support to use computers, and this has adaptations for communication too. The people we support enjoy cooking, baking, musical activities, swimming, day trips, and enjoying time gardening in the property’s large garden. The residents will also require support during external activities such as evening clubs, hydro-therapy sessions and care farms, so an applicant who enjoys swimming would be desirable.
Purpose of the Job
You will empower and develop the team to ensure a sustainable, quality person-centred service is provided, which can truly transform people’s lives. You will be able to develop relationships with people we support and their families and have strong organisational skills, demonstrating your ability to prioritise your workload effectively and accurately.
You will lead and develop your team to provide sustainable quality services which truly transform people’s lives. You will also manage the quality, compliance, rota and financial requirements of the services for which you are responsible
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure person centred approaches are in place to deliver the outcomes the people we support want and develop activities and plans which truly transform the lives of the people we support according to their needs, wishes and aspirations
- Engage with the local community and promote the involvement of the people we support and Fitzroy’s profile
- Complete regular audits for quality, compliance, and business performance in line with Fitzroy requirements and report on progress, creating effective action plans for improvement where needed
- Create and review annual business plans and take action to meet agreed performance indicators
- Provide a safe working environment for the people we support, staff members and visitors
Team and Resource Management
- Recruit, develop and motivate staff members and volunteers to meet the needs of the people we support to empower them to deliver a quality service which is always compliant
- Ensure team members are performance managed effectively, giving clear expectations for standards.
- Identify areas of key responsibilities for staff members which develop their roles, adds value to the service for the people we support and engages them fully as members of the Fitzroy team
- Ensure rotas are effectively managed to utilise resources efficiently to meet the needs of the people we support
- Be accountable for the financial performance of your location and for the financial plans for the people you support.
- Ensure all records and reports are completed in an accurate and timely way and that administrative processes are adhered to
- Ensure opportunities arise for the people you support to have a voice in their service, FitzRoy and the wider community in as many ways as possible
- Promote the meaningful, active involvement of the people we support in the continuation of quality services
- Promote equal opportunities, cultural diversity and the rights of people and ensure everyone is treated with respect and dignity
- Establish and maintain effective communications with the people we support, their families, the local community, and local professional networks
- Positively manage internal communications to ensure staff members, volunteers, the people we support, and family members are aware of key decisions and keep the organisation informed through the line management structure
- Maintain a strong customer focus through continuous improvement
What we look for:
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- PROACT-SCIPr trainer or commitment to undertake
- Any equivalent qualifications in the appropriate field
- Experience of managing Learning Disability Support Services
- Passion for leading positive change
- Resilient, resourceful and solutions focused attitude
- Commitment to transforming lives and promoting the rights of people with disabilities
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential (mileage paid)
- Experience of supporting people who have complex support needs.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Paid DBS certificate
- Training and Development to further your skills.
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Holiday top-up scheme