FitzRoy Residential Care in Rayleigh provides care and support for nine adults aged between 48-63 with learning disabilities and autism, some with physical impairments. We are seeking exceptional new support worker to join our friendly, established team.
The people we support enjoy going swimming, trampolining, listening to music, and watching movies, so no two days are the same!
A support worker’s day is varied, and flexibility is required. You will be providing care and support individually tailored to the needs and wishes of people with learning disabilities. You will work together to identify and achieve their goals, enabling them to have choice and control over their lives. You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Weekday rates from £11.00ph rising to £13.50ph with overtime, weekend rates from £12.10ph rising to £14.60ph with overtime
- 30 hours per week (overtime may be available)
- Would also consider weekends only at an enhanced rate (see above)
- Shift pattern will fall between 07.00 and 22.00
- You will be required 2 out of 3 weekends
- Sleep -ins may be required in emergencies paid at £50 per night.
- For this role it is preferred that you have a full driving licence and are willing to drive FitzRoy vehicles
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
30 hours between 7am and 10pm, 7.5 hour shifts.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.