Fitzroy are recruiting an Activities Co Ordinator to join our day service in Coventry, working 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Additional hours can be gained supporting our service users (Support worker hourly rate).
- Take a lead in developing planned structured sessions for individuals that are person centred.
- Managing budgets and liaising with the service manager regarding regarding funds.
- Assure the physical and emotional well-being of the people we support.
- To take the lead for coordinating sessions within a service timetable, for individuals, which will incorporate:
- Liaising with individuals, the staff team, relatives, friends, advocates, external professionals and outside agencies ensuring the individuals needs and wishes and aspirations are met by active participation in internal and community based activities and relationships.
- Creating a session plan as part of an individual’s overall personal plan and ensuring it is implemented.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress.
- Attending reviews.
- Maintaining an up to date, accurate, and accessible activity plan.
- To work as part of a team:
- Supporting the staff team to enable them to manage the sessions and associated systems
- Enabling individuals to make informed choices within their lives.
- Working with individuals to achieve identified goals.
- Promoting and encouraging individual rights.
- To work on a 1:1 basis:
- To spend quality time and build up good communications with individuals ensuring that their sessions are person centred.
- To effectively communicate verbally, in writing and using ICT.
- Keeping relevant and accurate records in respect to accidents and incidents, support plans, session plans, reviews, meetings etc.
- Raising issues and concerns regarding individuals with your line manager or another member of the management team, and where appropriate staff members, key workers, associated professionals, advocates, families and friends.
- Work as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with your line manager and other staff within the service.
- Contribute to and participate in team meetings.
We welcome applications from all current Fitzroy employees and agency staff. To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Thursday 24th August 2023.