To play a significant role in the monthly finance processes, ensuring accurate transactional postings into the Finance system including balance sheet reconciliations. To be a key contact in the Finance team for Operational colleagues and to be a senior point of contact for the Finance team, providing support, guidance and training where necessary. Alongside this, to be continually looking to improve the systems and procedures to ensure that the finance department delivers the highest standards of service and performance to all internal and external stakeholders.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce and publish income and expenditure reports on a monthly basis, whilst providing support to budget holders enabling them to understand their finance reports and overseeing any adjustments required.
- Produce variance analysis and update commissioned hours reports.
- Head up debtor reporting ensuring targets are met, whilst providing support to the sales ledger team.
- Process and upload payroll and other month end journals.
- Sage system maintenance, setting up new suppliers, customers, cost centres and nominal accounts on Sage.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and investigate variances.
- Support the annual budget setting process by building supplementary cost schedules.
- Support the annual audit process, producing schedules and information as requested.
- Provide fee information and basic costings to operational teams.
- Provide training, guidance and support for new and existing Finance team members.
·Maintain good working relationships with funding authorities, internal managers and team members.
- Maintain quality and adherence to processes, identifying and contributing to their improvement.
- Ensure every aspect of confidentiality relating to FitzRoy, service users and staff is strictly maintained and data protection legislation is adhered to.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with staff at all levels and outside agencies.
- Take action to keep yourself professionally updated and assist in the identification of your own learning and development needs.
- Undertake any other similar duties as requested.
- Experience of working in a busy finance/accounting department
- Local Authority billing
- Experience of chasing debts from local authorities
- Experience of debtors reporting and meeting debtor targets
- Experience of computerised accounting systems (we use Sage 200)
- Experience of balance sheet reconciliations
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to support service based staff to fulfil their finance related tasks
- Dedicated and driven with the hunger to follow tasks through to completion
- Inquisitive problem solver
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
What we offer
- Flexible working
- Generous pay package
- 25 days annual leave, exclusive of Bank Holidays
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Company Pension scheme