Vacancy: Commercial Head of Finance
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours
Location: Hybrid working
Salary: up to £65,000 per annum
We support over 1,000 adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities, autism, and complex mental health needs across more than 100 services in England
We employ 1,500 staff, and through our registered care homes, supported living, support at home and day services, we are committed to breaking down barriers and raising the bar in standards of quality care for the people we support.
We’re looking for a Commercial Head of Finance to join our Finance team. You will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with extensive experience and have a proven commercial financial background in medium to large organisations
As Commercial Head of Finance you will provide effective business partnering by leading and developing the finance team using commercial and forward thinking. This role will deliver on the financial aspects of the organisation’s overall strategy. Provide expert financial and commercial advice to operational management, support the delivery of budget and other initiatives that will drive financial performance. Maintain a profitable pricing strategy, timely management reporting whilst also creating financial strategies to meet the charity’s business objectives. Add value by identifying opportunities to drive improvements and growth.
- Work with operations in order to manage the ongoing complexities of local authority contracts and pricing.
- Providing expert financial and commercial advice to operational management, driving financial performance through commercially sound decision making and analysis.
- Contribute to overarching strategic decision making relying on intelligence gathered through negotiations with Local Authorities and other providers.
- Take an active role in supporting finance, business development and operational colleagues in local authority negotiations and proposals for new and existing contracts.
- Recommending strategies to maximise income and use most effective use of our resources.
- Working closely with the business development team and other key stakeholders to ensure bid responses are both profitable and commercially sound, offering recommendations and insight into future tendering opportunities.
- Building relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the wider organisational context is considered, appreciated, and represented in pricing and surplus decisions.
- Presentation of the annual budget to Directors with key risks and opportunities identified and quantified.
- Work with the Head of Property to recommend projects that support growth that are both financial and operationally sustainable.
- Input into the review and analysis of potential mergers and acquisitions
What skills and experience will you have?
- Proven experience in all aspects of management and financial reporting
- Experience of both contract and price negotiations
- Experience of organisational strategy and growth
- Knowledge of contracting in the local authority arena.
- Commercial and highly analytical
- Innovate and forward thinking
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external
- A collaborative team-player who is transparent and has a straight-forward approach
- Experience of adopting a hands-on approach to achieving results
- Strong communication, financial management and IT skills
- Tenacious and diligent
What we offer?
- Generous pay plus attractive benefits
- Hybrid/remote working form home
- Salary of up to £65,000 per annum
- 25 days leave, rising to 30
- Pension Scheme
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as dental, optical, chiropractor and many more.
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling, virtual GPs, legal advice and more
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Shopping discounts