An important and well respected role based in the finance team, which includes the below purposes:
To raise fee related invoices and maintain debtors in accordance with expected targets and to ensure accurate and up to date contract information is kept for all the people we support.
To continually improve the systems and procedures to ensure that the finance department delivers the highest standards of service and performance to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain sales ledger for clients funded by local authorities (LA) and other sources (NHS, personal etc.)
- Maintain database of all the people we support and their contract fees.
- Update database with any starters, leavers and other changes to reflect the current position at all times, ensuring these changes have been accurately reflected in the relevant invoicing schedules.
- Raise and distribute invoices on a monthly, 4 weekly or ad-hoc basis, ensuring these are in line with funding authority requirements.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of all invoices raised and any related communication.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of all fee related debts, liaising with LA, clients and their advocates as well as internal management where necessary.
- Ensure accurate allocation in Sage of all payments received, reconciling each receipt back to the relevant remittance advice. Monitor these receipts to ensure they are as per the latest contract.
- Proactively resolve any invoicing delays or payment discrepancies.
- Work to maintain debtors level at agreed target and report monthly on debtors with associated narrative.
- Produce and post monthly invoicing accruals.
- Reconcile sales ledger on a monthly basis.
- Maintain good working relationships with funding authorities and internal managers.