FitzRoy’s Jellicoe Court in Chineham is a vibrant and sociable supported living service. We support 18 people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs – and we are looking for a Deputy manager to join our passionate team.
Jellicoe Court is bright and airy service, and every resident has their own self contained flat, with an open plan kitchen/lounge, bedroom and bathroom. Our residents enjoy their communal areas where everyone can socialise, from movie nights to themed parties and karaoke.
The people we support at Jellicoe Court love to be active – from indoor activities to going out on day trips. No two days will be the same. Our residents enjoy being a part of everything that goes on, and even get involved in the interview process.
Working at Jellicoe Court, you will join a team who are passionate about their jobs and love to make a difference. You will be supported by a fantastic team who will train you to deliver the best possible care.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure person centred approaches are in place to deliver the outcomes the people we support want and develop activities and plans which truly transform the lives of the people we support according to their needs, wishes and aspirations
- Engage with the local community and promote the involvement of the people we support and Fitzroy’s profile
- Complete regular audits for quality, compliance, and business performance in line with Fitzroy requirements and report on progress, creating effective action plans for improvement where needed
- Create and review annual business plans and take action to meet agreed performance indicators
- Provide a safe working environment for the people we support, staff members and visitors
Team and Resource Management
- Recruit, develop and motivate staff members and volunteers to meet the needs of the people we support to empower them to deliver a quality service which is always compliant
- Ensure team members are performance managed effectively, giving clear expectations for standards.
- Identify areas of key responsibilities for staff members which develop their roles, adds value to the service for the people we support and engages them fully as members of the Fitzroy team
- Ensure rotas are effectively managed to utilise resources efficiently to meet the needs of the people we support
- Be accountable for the financial performance of your location and for the financial plans for the people you support.
- Ensure all records and reports are completed in an accurate and timely way and that administrative processes are adhered to
- Ensure opportunities arise for the people you support to have a voice in their service, FitzRoy and the wider community in as many ways as possible
- Promote the meaningful, active involvement of the people we support in the continuation of quality services
- Promote equal opportunities, cultural diversity and the rights of people and ensure everyone is treated with respect and dignity
- Establish and maintain effective communications with the people we support, their families, the local community, and local professional networks
- Positively manage internal communications to ensure staff members, volunteers, the people we support, and family members are aware of key decisions and keep the organisation informed through the line management structure
- Maintain a strong customer focus through continuous improvement
- Care Sector experience is essential
- You will have excellent computer skills with attention to detail and problem solving a high priority
- You will be highly customer focused, a strong team player and be data and process driven
- You will be tenacious and diligent with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- NVQ/Diploma Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
What we offer:
- £27,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave – plus Bank holidays
- Award winning induction and continuation training programme
- A generous pension plan (including employer contributions)
- Life assurance
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts