Digital Marketing Officer
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours will consider reduced hours and flexible working for the right candidate.
Location: Hybrid, office or home based (with at least monthly travel to our head office in Petersfield, Hampshire).
Salary: £25,000 per annum
We are looking for an experienced digital marketeer who is comfortable getting knee deep in data but is also an excellent communicator, to help us improve our online presence and develop our digital relationships.
We support over 1,000 adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities, autism, and complex mental health needs across more than 100 services in England.
We employ 1,500 staff, and through our registered care homes, supported living, support at home and day services, we are committed to breaking down barriers and raising the bar in standards of quality care for the people we support.
About the job
A key element of your role will be to help us to improve our internal and external stakeholder communications by providing insight into their journey and to test new approaches.
You will also be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of our social media channels, currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram as well as Workplace.
- Day-to-day management of the website and the intranet (Sharepoint), including creating, editing and adding content.
- Using data – particularly from Google Analytics, MailChimp and our social media channels – to develop insight into our stakeholders and identify opportunities to develop and improve our customer journey.
This role offers an opportunity to really make your mark. We are a dynamic, inspiring charity committed to helping people with learning disabilities and autism live the life they choose.
It’s an exciting time to join the organisation as we are on a digital transformation journey to improve our communications and engagement with all our stakeholders.
This role reports into the Head of Communications and Fundraising, but will be working closely with our two communications managers, and colleagues in our fundraising, recruitment and business development teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of direct and digital marketing techniques.
- Strong paid social ads experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of social media developments, emerging digital best practice and trends and experience of applying and testing new ideas.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, Ad Words and SEO.
- Working knowledge of MailChimp, SharePoint and WordPress.
- Experience of using Hootsuite or equivalent social media management tool.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite is desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work enthusiastically as part of a small team and build successful relationships with staff at all levels.
- Experience of managing a varied workload and balancing conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience of using data to make improvements to digital communications.
- Friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work enthusiastically as part of a small team and build successful relationships with staff at all levels.
- Ability to adapt existing processes to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Passion and commitment to FitzRoy vision and purpose.
- Willing to travel within the UK occasionally for meetings.
What we offer:
- Salary £25,000 per annum
- 25 days leave, rising to 30 days
- Pension Scheme
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Shopping discounts
We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of any of our job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of suitable applications.