Fitzroy are an innovative not for profit provider of person-centred care for a wide range of people, specialising in learning disabilities. As we enter a period of growth and expansion there has never been a better time to join us! We have an exciting opportunity to join a new team in Ruddington, Nottingham.
We are looking for enthusiastic, compassionate, high energy and reliable individuals. Applicants need to be flexible and able to work hours that include some weekend shifts.
The roles are to start as soon as possible.
This is a small service in a delightful location within immaculate grounds in Ruddington. The role will be to support and provide 2:1 support for one woman in her own accommodation. The person we support here is pre-verbal and uses Makaton on occasions to communicate. The person we support at this service does require full personal care throughout the day and can mobilise and eat independently. The person we support can display some challenging and self-injury behaviours.
The person we support here is active and loves to get out and about into the community. She enjoys a wide range of activities such as going to theme parks, farms and zoos, beauty and pamper sessions at home and in the local salon, going shopping and walks around parks. She is also enjoys a range of in house activities such as singing and dancing to music, arts and crafts, dressing herself and staff up in fancy dress costumes and using her indoor hot tub.
You will work with the user to help them live a fulfilled and happy life, whilst living as independently as possible and achieve their outcomes. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal member of their local community as part of their rehabilitation.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people, we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Developing residents’ life skills and personal interests
- Helping residents stay safe and healthy.
- Assisting with personal care needs
- Manual handling
- Ensuring record keeping is always maintained to the required standard and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
- UK Driving Licence required.
- Female only due to the person we support.
- Salary: £11.53 – £12.68 ph
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part time also available
- Day shifts 7.00 – 22.00.
- Night shifts 22.00 – 7.00
- Currently offering +£2.50 for overtime shifts*.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Shift Patterns to include earlies and lates
- Alternate Weekends