Fitzroy are recruiting support workers for our residential service based in Teddington. You will be supporting 8 residents with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team. All of the people we support have different needs and interests, so everyday will be different. You will play a vital role in supporting and encouraging independence to our lovely residents. If you are caring, compassionate and want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Day shift: £12.37 per hour weekdays and £13.61 weekends.
- Additional £2.50 per hour for overtime.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- Sleep-ins are £50 per night.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Full time and Part time positions available.
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.