Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours will consider reduced hours and flexible working for the right candidate.
Salary: £35-42,000 per annum
We are looking for an ambitious fundraiser with experience in securing income across a varied portfolio.
We support over 1,000 adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities, autism, and complex mental health needs across more than 100 services in England
We employ 1,500 staff, and through our registered care homes, supported living, support at home and day services, we are committed to breaking down barriers and raising the bar in standards of quality care for the people we support.
Love4Life is our fully fundraised subsidiary charity, a friendship and dating network for people with learning disabilities and autism that currently operates in Hampshire, and London.
About the job
Although this position has a broad remit of growing voluntary income for FitzRoy, your main focus will be on securing income for Love4Life.
Currently, most of the income is from trusts and foundations and you will have sound experience in securing gifts from this source, but also have experience in building income from a variety of sources including individuals, community, and events.
You will have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a collaborative working style and partnership approach, whilst also being a self-starter who can manage their own diverse workload effectively.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to develop relationships, empathise with diverse audiences, and tell stories that influence and motivate
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills, working at pace and managing multiple deadlines
- Data driven – able to provide insight and analysis to identify and nurture opportunities
- Creative thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Business acumen, with proven experience of meeting and exceeding targets and working to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- A track record of writing proposals that are engaging and concise
The post will report into the Head of Fundraising and Communications
Some travel will be required in and around the Hampshire/London area for events and to attend in-person meetings.
The right candidate will demonstrate the following:
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies.
- Proven record of personally securing five figure gifts and meeting income targets.
- Experience of implementing prospect research and management.
- Experience of developing robust stewardship plans to build long term relationships with key funders and supporters.
- Strong project management skills, planning and forecasting, performance analysis and ability to understand project budgets.
- Experience in using a CRM database and fully competent with Office 365.
- Significant fundraising experience across a broad funding portfolio within the charity sector including trusts and foundations, community and events and individual giving.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written communications skills, and an ability to write confidently, creating compelling and inspiring copy for funding applications.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to deliver powerful and engaging presentations and pitches to a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build good relationships internally & externally.
- Work autonomously and manage your own workload to meet agreed objectives
- Proven ability to create & manage public engagement and events through social media and other online channels
- Self-motivated, with excellent people management and interpersonal skills, capable of representing the charity at all levels.
- The ability to stay calm and influence others in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
Ability to travel for business including able to transport charity materials for events
What we offer:
- Salary of £35-42,000 per annum
- 25 days leave, rising to 30
- Pension Scheme
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as dental, optical, chiropractor and many more.
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling, virtual GPs, legal advice and more
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Shopping discounts