Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Salary: £28,350 per annum
Based: Hybrid/ Remote and Mobile
Full time – 37.5 hours/ 5 days per week
Millage paid at 45p per mile
Purpose of the Job
FitzRoy has an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme working to deliver easy to use, robust, information driven solutions that enable all stakeholders to be fully informed and engaged in supporting people with learning disabilities to lead the lives they choose.
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager you will be the main point of contact for our services as and when site visits are required. You will co-ordinate visits alongside the IT Service Delivery Manager and the IT Technician.
You will lead the setup and configuration of IT infrastructure and hardware in our services nationwide as well as assisting the IT helpdesk team in delivering a high standard of support to our staff.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the lead technical resource responsible for the setup and support of physical infrastructure in services. Primarily network infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access solutions.
- Configure and rollout equipment in a precise and fully tested way.
- Document configuration changes and share with the rest of the IT support team.
- Lead on the development of the VOIP system, 3CX
- Create and maintain network topology diagrams for services.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Proactively preconfigure routers and other networking equipment before attending services.
- Provide training and resources to the IT Support 1st line team on areas within your specialism.
- Plan and execute a schedule to successfully roll out infrastructure installations
- Provide back up to the IT Service Delivery Manager
- Experience of infrastructure installations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in documentation of networks / infrastructure
- A collaborative ‘can do approach’
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders across an organisation
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
Key Working Relationships
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Required to maintain constructive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate for the best practices and ways of working as part of the use of the new solutions
- Close working with the IT Support and Digital Transformation team.
- Sharing information across the organisation, where required.
What we offer
- Flexible working
- Generous pay package
- 25 days annual leave, exclusive of Bank Holidays
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts