IT Support Engineer
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours
Location: Field based – working within the East Midlands area
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Licence required: Full UK and own vehicle
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and skilled IT support engineer to support and develop our existing IT infrastructure within our current services and future planned services within the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire area
We support over 1,000 adults with a range of learning and physical disabilities, autism, and complex mental health needs across more than 100 services in England.
We employ 1,500 staff, and through our registered care homes, supported living, support at home and day services, we are committed to breaking down barriers and raising the bar in standards of quality care for the people we support.
Purpose of the Job
FitzRoy has an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme working to deliver easy to use, robust, information driven solutions that enable all stakeholders to be fully informed and engaged in supporting people with learning disabilities to lead the lives they choose.
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager you will be the main point of contact for our regional services. You will co-ordinate regular visits alongside the IT Service Delivery Manager and the Lead Support Engineer.
You will lead the setup and configuration of IT infrastructure and hardware in our services nationwide as well as assisting the IT helpdesk team in delivering a high standard of support to our staff.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the lead technical resource responsible for the setup and support of physical infrastructure in services. Primarily network infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access solutions.
- Build up a calendar of regular visits to our service locations in your area to proactively tackle any outstanding IT issues
- Configure and rollout equipment in a precise and fully tested way.
- Document configuration changes and share with the rest of the IT support team.
- Assist on the development of the VOIP system, 3CX
- Create and maintain network topology diagrams for services.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Proactively preconfigure routers and other networking equipment before attending services.
- Provide training and resources to the IT Support 1st line team on areas within your specialism.
Plan and execute a schedule to successfully roll out infrastructure installations.
- Experience of infrastructure installations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in documentation of networks / infrastructure
- A collaborative ‘can do approach’
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders across an organisation
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work