IT Support Engineer
Location: Midlands – Hybrid / Remote & Mobile
Salary: £28,300 per annum
Closing Date: 15th June 2023
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager you will be the main point of contact for our services as and when site visits are required. You will co-ordinate visits alongside the IT Service Delivery Manager and the IT Technician.
You will lead the setup and configuration of IT infrastructure and hardware in our services nationwide as well as assisting the IT helpdesk team in delivering a high standard of support to our staff.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the lead technical resource responsible for the setup and support of physical infrastructure in services. Primarily network infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls and wireless access solutions.
- Configure and rollout equipment in a precise and fully tested way.
- Document configuration changes and share with the rest of the IT support team.
- Lead on the development of the VOIP system, 3CX
- Create and maintain network topology diagrams for services.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Proactively preconfigure routers and other networking equipment before attending services.
- Provide training and resources to the IT Support 1st line team on areas within your specialism.
- Plan and execute a schedule to successfully roll out infrastructure installations
- Provide back up to the IT Service Delivery Manager
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of infrastructure installations
- Minimum 2 years of ICT support in a relevant environment.
- Excellent attitude to learning.
- Ability to work to own initiative.
- Full driving license valid for driving in the UK.
- Experience of being a lead technical resource within a team.
- Confident user of Microsoft desktop applications.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays – increasing with service.
- Travel millage paid
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Life assurance.