This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work for Love4Life, a fully fundraised Friendship and Dating network, which provides a blend of social events, performing arts sessions, workshops, and chaperoned dates, for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
We are currently seeking an exceptional 16-hour network coordinator who will be based in London and with the support of the General Manger, will grow the membership and create weekly social opportunities for members of Love4Life to make friends, potentially find love and gain valuable one to one advice.
The successful applicant will work in a vibrant and friendly environment and will be supported by the Volunteer Manager to line manage a team of volunteers who will support with all aspects of the network.
To be considered for this position, you will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Have an understanding of how to use social media
- Be passionate about the Love4Life ethos and able to demonstrate how you will enable members to continually reduce their risk of social isolation and loneliness
- Be skilled at assessing and managing risk
- Be aware of safeguarding and reporting requirements
- Be responsible for the safety of members whilst they are attending events
- Be able to work flexibly including evenings and some weekends
- Be responsible for recruitment volunteers and members
- Facilitate 1:1 drop in sessions
- Be fun and have a passion to support people in making friends and potentially finding a partner
- Have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this position
- £12,000 per annum (16 hours per week)
- Hybrid working from home and in the community
- 16 hours per week worked and managed by you flexibly throughout the week and occasional weekends