Location: Home Based with travel
Salary: £30-35k per annum plus £3,800 car allowance
Closing Date: 19th April
FitzRoy is a National Charity transforming the lives of people with Learning Disabilities. We are looking for an experienced Property Manager who has multi-site experience preferably within the Care sector to work within our property team to ensure the FitzRoy property portfolio provides the people we support with safe, compliant, and well-maintained homes.
You should have a positive pro-active approach to work and be able to demonstrate understanding and willingness to challenge contractor rates and construction methodologies. Above all you will be uncompromising in your delivery of exceptional communication and customer service
The position is full-time and will be home based although you will visit homes as and when required.
This role includes housing management, management of major projects, planned and reactive maintenance programmes as well as ensuring compliance with external standards, whilst also delivering our long-term strategy.
Salary £30-35k per annum plus car allowance
-Home based working – with some site visits required
-Monday to Friday
Responsibilities of a Property Manage include
- Deliver investments to meet the needs of the business ensuring projects are accurately briefed and scoped out, presented for approval and delivered on time and to budget ensuring all administration systems are appropriately updated on completion.
- Consider sustainability within significant capital investment projects and incorporate an assessment to improve the decision-making process.
- Working with your Operational colleagues, monitor Post Audit and ROI performance of all investment activity and that corrective actions are taken as necessary.
- Working alongside all teams and departments across the organisation
- Implement a rigorous approach to Health & Safety management, ensuring that all parties under your responsibility adhere to the performance standards as defined by the Group Health & Safety protocols
- To maintain and develop the organisational property database, which includes asset, compliance, maintenance, and budgetary data.
- Administer the delivery of both planned and unplanned property maintenance programme to best value and within the budgets set.
- Liaise with contractors and FitzRoy Managers to ensure works are carried out in a timely manner, which suit both FitzRoy and the people we support.
- Work with the Head of Property to ensure the planned maintenance programme is kept up to date and remains relevant to deal with future maintenance and improvement of our properties.
- Ensure relevant compliance certificates are up to date and in line with legislation.
- Routinely check invoices that come through ensure actual costs are added to the database, invoices passed through to the payables and allocated correctly.
- Provide relevant Management reporting and ad hoc analytics when required.
- Answer general property related queries or liaise with your Property colleagues to find the answer, as appropriate.
- Maintain both electronic and physical filing systems and records in an efficient manner.
- Ensure all records kept comply with data protection legislation, GDPR and FitzRoy policies.
- Undertake some service visits to gain an understanding of our properties and the work we do.
- You will be educated to degree level with a ‘can do’ attitude and have demonstrable Housing Management and Property/Real Estate experience
- You will be highly customer focused, a strong team player and be data and process driven
- You will be tenacious and diligent with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
In return we can offer:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising with service
- Car allowance of £3800 per year
- Fuel paid at 45 pence per mile
- Retailer discounts and a blue light card
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Perkbox shopping discounts