FitzRoy residential service in Ashford provides care and support for 13 adults with learning disabilities and autism. Boldshaves Oast offers a wood work shop, arts and crafts room, as well as communal areas for our residents to socialise.
We are seeking an exceptional new Senior Support Worker to join our friendly team – could this be you? You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent social care experience of working with people who are on the autistic spectrum & will have demonstrable experience of working with adults with learning disabilities. If you love helping people and want to make a difference to someone’s life we want to hear from you.
Please note, a driving licence is essential for this role, due to rural location.
- Weekday rates from £11.99ph rising to £14.49ph with overtime, weekend rates £13.18ph rising to £15.68ph with overtime
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Day Shifts between 7am and 10pm
- Alternate weekend work required
As a Senior Support worker duties will involve:
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location.
- You will be required to act as a role model for excellent practice.
- You will be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the Manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- You will need to work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- A Senior Support Worker must give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- You will carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.