A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior support worker to join our established, friendly team in Waterlooville. You will play an active role in planning and conducting activities in house, such as IT sessions, life sessions and science workshops to name a few. You will spend 4 days per week in the service and 1 day per week supporting the management team. If you are an experienced support worker or a senior support worker looking for a new challenge and are kind, caring and creative with a great sense of humour we would love to hear from you. Please note a full UK driving licence is required for this role as you may be required to drive the people we support.
- Day shift: £10.93 per hour
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4pm
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- 30 days holiday per annum
- Driving Licence essential due to nature of the role
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time.