Fitzroy are recruiting a senior support worker for our Supported Living Plus Service in New Milton, Hampshire. As we enter an exciting period of growth and expansion there has never been a better time to join us!
Fernhill Court is a large service where we support up to eighteen adults with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs, some of whom display behaviours that may challenge.
Every individual has their own self-contained flat, there are also communal areas where everyone can get together and socialise, as well as a large garden for summer activities.
The role can be challenging at times, so you must be kind, caring, patient and resilient with a passion to make a difference.
A full UK driving licence is preferred as you will be supporting residents on trips out.
- Day shift: £12.26 per hour weekdays and £13.48 weekends.
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start (FTE).
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
Senior Support Worker Hours
Shifts are 7.5 hours and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week):
Morning shift: 7am-2.30pm
Afternoon shift: 2.30pm-10pm
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts and there may also overtime for any staff members who are looking to earn more. Weekend working on a rota basis is essential, but you will have the time off in the week.