Webb House is our registered care home in Newhaven. We provide care and support for 19 adults with learning disabilities. Many of them also have significant health issues and physical disabilities.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our friendly and established team to transform the lives of our residents by offering person centred support that ensures they reach their goals and aspirations. The people we support are very active and each have hobbies and interests, which you will partake in. We also love a party! So if you are caring, considerate with a great sense of humour, as well as being a team player and not afraid of hard work in what can often be a physically and mentally demanding role then we would love to hear from you.
A full UK driving licence is essential to drive our residents vehicles.
- Day shift: £12.43 per hour weekdays and £13.67 weekends.
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start (FTE).
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
Senior Support Worker Hours
Shifts are 7.5 hours and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week):
Morning shift: 0730 to 1500
Afternoon shift: 1430 to 2200
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts and there is also overtime for any staff members who are looking to earn more. Weekend working is essential, but you will have the time off in the week and always have at least one weekend off in a 4 week period.