We are recruiting a senior support worker for our registered care home in Newhaven. We provide care and support for 19 people with learning disabilities. Many of them also have significant health issues and physical disabilities.
If you are caring, compassionate and committed to providing excellent care, then we would love you to join our team. To be successful at Webb House, you will need to be passionate about our residents and not afraid of hard work in what can often be a physically and mentally demanding role.
Our shifts are busy, so it is essential that you are a team player as our residents are very active and each have their own hobbies in the community and indoors. We also love a party – so a sense of fun and good humour is essential!
- Day shift: £11.32 per hour weekdays and £12.32 weekends.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location, acting as a role model for excellent practice.
- Be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- Work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- Give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- Carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time.