FitzRoy provide care and support for residents with learning disabilities and autism in their services in Teddington, some of whom are non-verbal communicators.
We are seeking an exceptional new Senior Support Worker to join our friendly team – could this be you? You will be an experienced Support Worker who has recent social care experience of working with people who are on the autistic spectrum & will have demonstrable experience of working with adults with learning disabilities. If you love helping people and want to make a difference to someone’s life we want to hear from you.
- Weekday rates from £13.48ph rising to £15.98ph with overtime, weekend rates £14.82ph rising to £17.33ph with overtime
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Day Shifts between 7.30am and 10pm, with shift patterns including earlies, mids, and lates
- Alternate weekend work required
- For this role it is preferred, though not essential, that applicants hold a full driving licence & are willing to drive our accessible vehicles
As a Senior Support worker duties will involve:
- Support the management team by co-ordinating key tasks assigned to provide high standards of personalised care and manage quality, compliance and financial requirements at your location.
- You will be required to act as a role model for excellent practice.
- You will be the senior contact for the team in the absence of the Manager and be responsible for tasks which provide support to the management team.
- You will need to work in partnership with the staff team, internal and external stakeholders, professionals and the local community to achieve objectives using best practice guidelines and FitzRoy values.
- A Senior Support Worker must give clear direction and guidance to develop the team to support people to lead full and active lives as members of their community.
- You will carry out support worker activities to a high standard and contribute to a culture of open information, communication and constructive feedback with colleagues and management team.