Vacancy available: Service Manager
- Location – Coventry
- Permanent position
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- £36,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service manager to join our team in Coventry. We support ten service users across four services with learning disabilities, complex needs and autism, some of whom are non verbal.
We provide person centred support and we are looking for those that are ready for a challenge, can use their own initiative, think outside the box, and are highly motivated and passionate individuals.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure person centred approaches are in place to deliver the outcomes the people we support want and develop activities and plans which truly transform the lives of the people we support according to their needs, wishes and aspirations
- Engage with the local community and promote the involvement of the people we support and Fitzroy’s profile
- Complete regular audits for quality, compliance, and business performance in line with Fitzroy requirements and report on progress, creating effective action plans for improvement where needed
- Create and review annual business plans and take action to meet agreed performance indicators
- Provide a safe working environment for the people we support, staff members and visitors
Team and Resource Management
- Recruit, develop and motivate staff members and volunteers to meet the needs of the people we support to empower them to deliver a quality service which is always compliant
- Ensure team members are performance managed effectively, giving clear expectations for standards.
- Identify areas of key responsibilities for staff members which develop their roles, adds value to the service for the people we support and engages them fully as members of the Fitzroy team
- Ensure rotas are effectively managed to utilise resources efficiently to meet the needs of the people we support
- Be accountable for the financial performance of your location and for the financial plans for the people you support.
- Ensure all records and reports are completed in an accurate and timely way and that administrative processes are adhered to
- Ensure opportunities arise for the people you support to have a voice in their service, FitzRoy and the wider community in as many ways as possible
- Promote the meaningful, active involvement of the people we support in the continuation of quality services
- Promote equal opportunities, cultural diversity and the rights of people and ensure everyone is treated with respect and dignity
- Establish and maintain effective communications with the people we support, their families, the local community, and local professional networks
- Positively manage internal communications to ensure staff members, volunteers, the people we support, and family members are aware of key decisions and keep the organisation informed through the line management structure
- Maintain a strong customer focus through continuous improvement
What we look for:
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Any equivalent qualifications in the appropriate field
- Experience of managing Learning Disability Support Services
- Passion for leading positive change
- Resilient, resourceful and solutions focused attitude
- Commitment to transforming lives and promoting the rights of people with disabilities
- Drivers Licence and vehicle essential (mileage paid)
- Experience of supporting people who have complex support needs.
- Experience of leading on risk assessment and risk management for people with complex support needs
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- Paid DBS certificate
- Training and Development to further your skills.
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
- Holiday top-up scheme