FitzRoy Support at Home Norfolk provides care and support to individuals with learning & physical disabilities in their own homes. We are looking to recruit some bank support workers in the Fakenham/Wells-Next-The-Sea/Walsingham area. If you live around one of these areas and would love to make a huge difference in someone’s life, then apply now!
- Bank hours – 0 hour contract which means you can pick up shifts to fit around your lifestyle. We ask that bank staff pick up an average of 2 shifts a week. Shifts range from 1-8 hours, this could be supporting someone to get ready for day service to supporting someone for a whole day to access the community or support to do household tasks.
- £11.00 p/h + 10% extra at weekends & overtime rates available when you hit the threshold
- 45p a mile Once you have travelled over 20 miles per day (this is your average travel to and from work). Travel time between shifts also paid when driving from one shift immediately onto the next.
- In order to carry out this role it is essential you hold a driving licence and have access to your own transport with business insurance (we can help towards the costs of this if you don’t already have this)
Your role in the team will focus on promoting the people we support to be as independent as they can be and living their lives to the fullest. Supporting the people we support to achieve their goals and develop their life skills where previously they have faced challenges – this could include anything from supporting them to become independent on public transport, supporting them to learn how to prepare and cook a meal, to enabling them to visit day centres and engage proactively in their wider community.
You will join an inclusive, supportive team that works well together to provide support. Qualifications and experience are not necessary for this role as full training will be given. The most important attributes you need are patience, compassion, empathy and a positive attitude.
What we offer:
- Paid mileage and travel time
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts