Support Worker – ChinehamApply
FitzRoy’s Jellicoe Court in Chineham is a vibrant and sociable supported living service. We support 18 people with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs – and we are looking for a support worker to join our passionate team.
Jellicoe Court is bright and airy service, and every resident has their own self contained flat, with an open plan kitchen/lounge, bedroom and bathroom. Our residents enjoy their communal areas where everyone can socialise, from movie nights to themed parties and karaoke.
The people we support at Jellicoe Court love to be active – from indoor activities to going out on day trips. As a support worker, no two days will be the same. Our residents enjoy being a part of everything that goes on, and even get involved in the interview process.
Working at Jellicoe Court, you will join a team who are passionate about their jobs and love to make a difference. You will be supported by a fantastic team who will train you to deliver the best possible care.
Please note a full UK driving licence is essential as you will be supporting residents on trips out.
- Day shift: £11.25 per hour weekdays and £12.38 weekends.
- Full time or part time hours available.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- Sleep-ins are £50 per night.
- 30 days holiday when you start (FTE).
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.