Whitegates View is a residential service, separated into 4 separate houses, based in the beautiful countryside of Liss, Hampshire. We provide care and support to 21 residents with learning disabilities, many of whom have other medical conditions.
Many of our residents enjoy different activities and hobbies, which you would be actively involved in, so having fun and wanting to make a difference is key. You will be working alongside a fantastic, established team who are passionate about what they do, supporting our residents and working closely with our practice development lead, to increase communication skills. Everyday brings new experiences, so if you are looking for a varied yet rewarding role then this is for you! If you are a social care worker looking for a new challenge or new to the sector we would love to hear from you, we provide full paid training.
Due to the requirements of the people we support we are recruiting female support workers.
Driving licence essential as you will be supporting people with activities in the community.
- Day shift: £11.25 per hour weekdays and £12.38 weekends.
- Full time and part time hours available.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start (FTE).
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities from shopping, to crafts to bowling or swimming.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.