- Salary: £11.53 – £12.68 ph
- 37.5 hours – full time
- Full time and part time hours available
- Shifts to include earlies and lates, typically 7-2.30/2.30-10
- Night shifts also available paid at £11.88 per hour
FitzRoy are launching a brand-new supported living service based in Bestwood, Nottingham.
This service will support 7 service users who each have their own self contained apartments. Service users here will often be stepping down from in-patient settings, residential care or they may have lived in the community but experiencing deteriorating mental health or living with family or carers.
We are seeking Specialist Support workers who has experience of complex support needs and mental health conditions such as bi-polar, schitzophrenia, psychosis, emotionally unstable personality disorder, eating disorders, anxiety and depression. People supported in this service may show behaviours of concern or a forensic background. People can be supported in a community setting who may be supported by a care and treatment order or be supported under sections of the Mental Health Act.
You will work with service users to help them live a fulfilled and happy life, whilst living as independently as possible. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal member of their local community as part of their rehabilitation.
Outline of Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver positive behaviour support approaches to deliver the outcomes the people we support want.
- Support the development of activities and plans which truly transform the lives of the people we support according to their needs, wishes and aspirations
- Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible. Report any concerns that you have for people’s safety or well-being.
- Provide emotional support when needed, maintaining a person-centred approach and professional boundaries.
- Support people to identify and participate in chosen social activities and services in their local and wider community.
- Support individuals to manage their finances and medication responsibly,
- Support people to maintain their home and tenancy by encouraging participation and helping with practical tasks around the property.
- completing household tasks
- Respectfully support with personal care, hygiene and healthcare as needed.
- Be an informal point of contact for those in the persons circle of support, for example, families and Social Workers
- Work in accordance with the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and have regard for the Health, Safety and Welfare of others.
- Work with the person and support team to implement strategies when behaviours of concern occur
- Contribute to support and development sessions
- Attend and contribute to meetings both internal and external as requested.
- Complete and attend any required training, either classroom, Teams, or e-learning as appropriate.
- Contribute to team de-brief sessions to enable learning and development for self and colleagues
- Willingness to undertake a level 2 care qualification.
- Willingness to undertake a level 2 PBS qualification.
- Must be willing to attend training as required, both mandatory and service specific
- Commitment to personal development.
- Reading, writing and numeracy skills, equal to entry level 2 literacy and numeracy qualifications
What we offer:
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts