Fitzroy are an innovative not for profit provider of person-centred care for a wide range of people, specialising in learning disabilities. As we enter a period of growth and expansion there has never been a better time to join us! We have an exciting opportunity to join a new team in Ruddington, Nottingham.
We are looking for enthusiastic, compassionate, high energy and reliable individuals. Applicants need to be flexible and able to work hours that include some weekend shifts.
The roles are to start as soon as possible.
This is a small service in a picturesque location within immaculate grounds and plentiful amenities such as an onsite Spa for the person we support. The role will be to support and provide 2:1 care for one woman in their own accommodation. The person we support is pre-verbal and uses Makaton and does display some challenging behaviours and will require a small amount of personal care.
The person we support is active and loves to get out and about into the community and enjoys a wide range of activities such as horse riding, beauty, pamper sessions at the local salon and dining out in pubs, restaurants and cafes
You will work with the user to help them live a fulfilled and happy life, whilst living as independently as possible and achieve their outcomes. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal member of their local community as part of their rehabilitation.
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- promoting the independence of people, we support
- supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
- arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- developing residents’ life skills and personal interests
- helping residents stay safe and healthy
- assisting with personal care needs
- manual handling
- ensuring record keeping is always maintained to the required standard and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
- Female only due to the person we support
- Salary: £10.92 – £13.25 ph
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Part time also available
- Day shifts 7.00 – 22.00
- Night shifts 22.00 – 7.00
- Currently offering +£2.50 for overtime shifts*.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Shift Patterns to include earlies and lates
- Alternate Weekends
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts
We welcome applications from eligible applicants; it is with regret that we do not have the facility to sponsor overseas staff