Support Worker – Bingham, Nottingham
Location: Bingham, Nottingham
Salary: £11.53 – £12.68 per hour
Closing Date: June 2023
FitzRoy are launching a brand-new supported living service based in Bingham, Nottingham in June 2023 that will support one individual in his own home in the community.
The individual requires support with learning disability and behaviours that challenge. We are seeking exceptional new support workers to join our friendly team – could this be you?
As a Support Worker, you will be the heart of our services where every day will be different, and you will make it special by supporting persons with learning disabilities and mental health illnesses to improve their lives.
You will work with this service user to help him live a fulfilled and happy life, the individual at this service has a good sense of humour – is an avid football fan, enjoys cooking, quizzes, outdoor adventures and enjoys trying new things. As a support worker in this role, you will support him to live as independently as possible. You will help to enable him to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal member of their local community as part of their rehabilitation. Our on-site manager will support the team to be creative in their approach and proactive in their support. Active support is a key focus for all staff at Fitzroy to enable the people we support achieve their goals!
You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including prompting personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Experience with challenging behaviour would be beneficial, but not essential as full training will be provided and on-going throughout your employment.
- Salary: £11.53 – £12.68 ph
- Full time
- Part time also available
- Day shifts 7-2.30, 2.30-22.00 or 7-22.00
- Night shifts 22.00-7.00 – 31.5 per week
- Currently offering +£2.50 for overtime shifts*.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Shift Patterns to include earlies and lates
- Alternate Weekends & Sleep In’s required
- For this role it is essential to hold a full driving licence due to the location.
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker.
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service.
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts