FitzRoy are launching a brand-new supported living service based in Carlton, Nottingham, opening in September 2022.
The service will support 12 adults who have either a Learning Disability, a Mental Health condition, an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a Physical Disability. The Service is designed to build independence skills with individuals will often be stepping down from inpatient settings, residential care or experiencing deteriorating mental health.
This is a short-term Service where some people may only require support for several weeks whilst others may need a longer period of support to develop the independent living skills necessary to move onto a less supported housing option.
As a Support Worker, you will be the heart of our services where every day will be different, and you will make it special by supporting persons with learning disabilities and mental health illnesses to improve their lives.
You will work with service users to help them live a fulfilled and happy life. As a support worker in this role you will support our service users to live as independently as possible. You will help to enable them to develop positive relationships and to be valued as equal members of their local community as part of their rehabilitation. Our on site manager will support the team to be creative in their approach and proactive in their support. Active support is a key focus for all staff at Fitzroy to enable the people we support achieve their goals!
You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks including prompting personal care, taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle.
Experience with challenging behaviour would be beneficial, but not essential as full training will be provided and on-going throughout your employment.
- Salary: £10.02 – £11.02 ph
- Full time 37.5 hours
- Part time also available
- Day shifts 7-2.30, 2.30-22.00 or 7-22.00
- Currently offering +£2.50 for overtime shifts*.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
- Shift Patterns to include earlies and lates
- Alternate Weekends & Sleep In’s required
What we offer:
- No social care experience required – we provide full training in order for you to become an exceptional social care worker
- Weekend and overtime enhancements rates
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays – increasing with service
- Free membership of our Health Cash Back Scheme for you and your family – claim back money on services such as Dental, Optical, Chiropractor and many more
- An Employee Assistance programme which includes virtual GPs, Legal advice and more
- We will pay for your Blue Light card
- Paid DBS and Update Service
- Loyalty awards and life assurance
- Perkbox shopping discounts