Webb House is our registered care home in Newhaven. We provide care and support for 19 people with learning disabilities. Many of them also have significant health issues and physical disabilities.
We are looking for Support Workers to join our friendly and established team to transform the lives of our residents by offering person centred support that ensures they reach their goals and aspirations. The people we support are very active and each have hobbies and interests, which you will partake in. We also love a party! So if you are caring, considerate with a great sense of humour, as well as being a team player and not afraid of hard work in what can often be a physically and mentally demanding role then we would love to hear from you.
A full UK driving licence is preferred to drive our residents vehicles.
- Day shift: £10.39 per hour weekdays and £11.39 weekends.
- Full time or part time hours.
- Currently offering + £2.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- 30 days holiday when you start (fte).
We’re hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, you’ll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values we’ll train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support worker’s day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of people’s interests and activities.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
We have full-time and part-time permanent support contracts available. Shifts are 7.5 hours and a full-time contract is 37.5 hours (5 shifts a week):
Morning shift: 0730 to 1500
Afternoon shift: 1430 to 2200
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts and there is also overtime for any staff members who are looking to earn more. Weekend working is essential, but you will have the time off in the week and always have at least one weekend off in a 4 week period.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- Overtime attracts + £2.50 per hour.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form.